History of Hansa Lloyd
After the First World war in 1914, the company was founded Hansa-Lloyd", which combines German manufacturer of light vans and pickups "Hans" and the former Department of the British company "Lloyd" truck production.
Due to the large production base, the company "Hansa-Lloyd started to manufacture several models under different brands. Vans and pickups, the company still produced under the brand name "Hans", and a new generation of light delivery vehicles with electric powertrains, which was supplied by Lloyd", was produced under the brand "Hansa-Lloyd".
In 1919, after the resumption of production of civilian models, was presented light truck Hansa-Lloyd with an electric motor, which provided a maximum speed of 16 kilometers per hour, as well as the capacity up to 5 tons. Over the next year and a half were presented Hansa-Lloyd IN with an electric motor with a capacity of 22 horsepower, heavy truck Hansa-Lloyd CL5 with an electric motor, but with a capacity of 30 horsepower, which were delivered to the armies of great Britain, Malta and Germany.
In 1921, on the basis of EN was built tractor DL5 that could tow a trailer weighing up to 5 tons. However, in 1923, began a massive restructuring of production of the brand, which led to the start of production of petrol engines "Lloyd" on the license. In the same year, the entire range of Hansa-Lloyd has turned to the use of these motors.
In 1925 the company "Hansa-Lloyd declared itself bankrupt, and the unit "Hans" was separated into an independent brand. So the company came under the control of Karl Bogarde, who managed to establish the production of cars "Hansa-Lloyd" own design. In 1936 the company's plants have switched to production of equipment for the army.