History of Hino
Japanese automobile company "Hino" was founded in 1942, after the separation of the Department for the production of power units of concern "Tokyo Gas industry" in private enterprise. The first three years of its existence, "Hino" engaged in the creation of diesel power units for military and commercial ships, as well as the Assembly of aircraft engines Mitsubishi for the Japanese army.
After the Second World War, the firm "Hino" starts licensed truck Assembly "Chiyoda". However, by 1946, the company's engineers are freight car of its own design, called Hino T, which represented the first Japanese truck tractor.
The following model was introduced in 1953, which became a truck with a diesel power unit, with a capacity of 175 horsepower. In the same year, the company entered into an agreement with the French brand Renault to release their cars for the domestic market of Japan, and in 1961, through the use of technology company "Renault" was the first independent automobile model Hino Contessa 900, which received a three-stage gear box and motor, with a capacity of 35 horsepower. In just six months kontessa headed the statistics of sales of passenger cars in Japan, and in 1964 began the production of several of its modifications.
On the wave of success, in 1967, all shares of "Hino" redeems the group of companies "Toyota", which includes the brand in its structure as an independent unit for the production of trucks and buses, and kontessa begins to be produced under the brand "Toyota". In addition, under the control of "Hino" enters the engine compartment "Toyota", which starts the development of a whole range of engines, both gasoline and diesel.