History of Trabant
The German automaker "Trabant" was founded in the GDR on the basis of plants "Audi" and "DKW" in 1949.
The company began producing models, similar to the pre-war machines of the brand "DKW". Cars were more popular at the expense of an acceptable balance in price and quality, and durability of bearing nodes. In 1956, the company has released the first development of their own, and since 1959 has started the production of small passenger cars having an engine displacement of only 499 cubic centimeters.
Since 1989 production capacity brand Trabant came under the control of "Volkswagen" and the release of cars stopped, and conveyors were converted into other cars.