History of Unit Rig
The American company "Unit Rig" was founded in 1935, Hugh Chansey, Jerry Underwood and William Gueron to develop a drilling rig rotary drilling, which was to become much more mobile than existing designs.
However, in 1947 Jerry Underwood died, and William took control over the entire enterprise, and in 1951 it was sold to Kenneth Davis, who already had several companies in the oil industry. In the mid 1950s the company began work on the development of the first truck, which was released in 1960. Model M-64 had the drive system from General Electric and a special low-pressure tires. Despite the fact that the first work Unit Rig" was nakiska successful, however, the electric drive system proved to be very promising, and the company continued the production of other models of trucks under the brand name "Lectra Haul".
In 2011 the company Unit Rig" was bought by "Caterpillar Inc", having been to this property first "Terex" and then "Buccyrus Erie".